Debbie and Karen's Oatmeal and Raisin Bars
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick, or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350º.
2. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
6. Spread mixed batter in a baking dish about 1/2 inch thick.
7. (I can’t remember exactly how long we had to bake the mass
so this part is kind of a guess). Bake for about 20 minutes. If
not done keep baking until the brownie passes the toothpick test.
8. Let cool and then cut into brownie size bars.