This works best for chicken breasts
1. pound chicken flat.
2. dredge raw chicken through three things:
a mixture of flour and a bit of salt and pepper (just pinches)
an egg and 1 cup water that have been mixed together
a plate of bread crumbs (my mom likes to use Italian seasoned ones, but plain works, too)
3. Put chicken in the fridge for at least an hour.
4. Then sauté the chicken - about 5 minutes per side, and until there's no pink in the center.
5. In a separate pot boil 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and a pinch of dried thyme until it reduces (it reduces when some of the liquid has evaporated away during boiling). After it reduces, add a squirt of lemon juice.
6. Place the chicken in a baking dish and put a slice of swiss cheese over each piece of chicken.
7. Pour cream sauce over chicken (all of the sauce) and broil until cheese melts and sauce boils - about 2 minutes.
I think this is good with rice, or something to soak up extra sauce. I've done this recipe with only 4 chicken breasts and just used the same amount of everything else - it scales easily.