2 chicken breasts lightly seasoned and dredged in flour
2 pint size baskets of mushrooms (baby bellos)
3/4 cup Marsala
1 can chicken broth
1. Sautee sliced mushrooms in a mix of olive oil and butter. Set aside.
2. Flatten some chicken and dredge in seasoned flour. Fry in olive oil. Remove from oil and keep warm.
3. Add Marsala wine to chicken pan, cook down a bit.
4. Add chicken broth, cook down to thicken. If necessary, add a bit of water/flour mix to increase sauce volume
5. Add mushrooms and scallions. Turn off heat, add a couple tablespoons of butter. Serve over angel hair pasta.
Reduced/modded for two:
2 small boneless thighs flattened, lightly season-salted + ground peppered, then sprinkled with flour
1 basket of fresh pre-sliced shrooms, for laziness reasons
3 scallions -- INCREASED because they're the only vegetable here
1/2 cup of Marsala
1/2 cube of chicken bouillon dissolved in 1 cup hot water (microwave)
~1 tablespoon of flour/water to thicken sauce
medium shells instead of angel hair because that's what we had for pasta, it worked
Start frying the chicken when the pasta goes in the water, 8 to 9 minutes is about right. The proportions of marsala, broth, + a little flour made the right amount and flavor of sauce.